Age Appropriate Games
- Gr 1-3 (6-8 years) Circulation Volleyball
- Gr 4-5 (9-10 years) Atomic 1
- Gr 6-7 (11-12 years) Atomic 2
- Gr 8-9 (13-14 years) Tripleball
- Gr 10-12 (15-18 years) Standard Volleyball
- Games for Sitting Volleyball
Lesson Plans - IndoorMini Volleyball (gr 1-7)
What is Mini-Volley?
Mini-Volley is an approach for initiating people to the game of volleyball. The traditional game is adapted to the specific needs and abilities of the participants. These adaptations include varying the number of players, altering the court size, adjusting the height of the net, and using bigger and lighter balls. Different game formats such as 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3 and 4 vs. 4 are used. Various rules are also adapted to encourage longer rallies and decrease the difficulty of skill execution. The objective of these adaptations is to encourage learning, promote success, and increase the enjoyment for the participants. When the game is properly adapted for the age and abilities of the participants, they experience more success, enjoy the activity, and want to play more often! Although this guide is targeted for teaching volleyball to children between the ages of 6 and 12, the guide can also be used for beginners of all ages.
The Mini-Volley program is fully endorsed by Physical & Health Education Canada (PHE - formerly CHAPERD).
- Mini Volley Instructors Guide/DVD - Over 100 pages of lesson plans, activities, success criteria, teaching points and much more!
- Mini Volley Starter Kit - Contains everything needed to begin planning Mini Volleyball. The kit contains 2 Tachikara mini volleyballs, 4 Tachikara OTB-10 volleyballs, 1 Mini-Volley Instructor’s Guide + DVD, and 1 ball bag.
- Mini Volley Delux Starter Kit - The great starter kit gets even better with the addition of 10 Mini-Volleyball T-Shirts in Red or White and also 10 Free Mini-Volley stickers for Boys and Girls. All items from Mini-Volley Starter Kit are included in the Deluxe Package.
- Mini Volleyball Tachikara OTB10 - This oversize ball is very useful for learning new skills or game concept. This ball is ideal for children of various age and skill level in order to improve their skills at a much faster rate (even in conjunction with the Tachikara Mini volleyball)
Tip of the WeekFollow @VCDMtips on Twitter for weekly tips
Available resources by discipline