Directions & Solutions
National Volleyball Month
The purpose of National Volleyball Month is to:
- Teach and inspire young people to play the game
- Teach elementary school teachers and kids Age Appropriate Games
- Establish "Champions" within schools to lead the development of volleyball programs
- Increase the exposure of our College and University programs
- Create a stream of players into the High School and Club systems
- The NHL, NBA, MLB... all get enough TV exposure to inspire kids to play sport. Without a domestic professional league, Volleyball needs a different approach. We need to go to the kids. We need to build individual relationships with teachers and students, demonstrate our sport, and inspire them to play the game we know and love.
- September - Every Year
For CIS, CCAA, Club and high school Programs:
- Download Elementary School VisitsPresentation and program ideas.
- Download Athlete Guide to Contacting SchoolsSome tips and help on making first contact with your local elementary schools.
- Download Pizza Party Flyer A draft flyer to help you if you are thinking about promoting a pizza party.
- A Quick Guide to Coaching Age Appropriate Volleyball Download this to use as a quick guide when in contact with a varietly of volleyball stages.
- Download Post NVM IdeasUse this to find suggestions for you to organize and promote post elementary visits.
- Example Atomic Program Budget Use this worksheet when planning an Atomic Program after National Volleyball Month is over.
NVM Jamboree Event Resources:
One great way to maximize your exporsure and effectiveness in elementary schools is to invite all of these schools to a Jamboree event where they can have fun and compete with each other. Running this event in late September or early October will give schools a few weeks to take what they learned during your visit and a reason to practice it correctly. Encourage schools to bring multiple smaller teams to maximize their time on the floor.
- NVM Jamboree Infomation PackageUse this as a guidline when building an Info Package for your Elementary Schools.
- Example NVM Jamboree Draw Use this document as a template for your Jamboree.
- Example Jamboree Budget Find an example Budget for running a Jamboree Event on Tab 2
Send us your stories!
VCDM wants to hear about your CIS, CCAA, Club or High School program visiting elementary schools to teach and inspire kids to play the game. Send a short article with pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include it the NEWS!